Tuesday, March 13, 2007

sick again!

So Sunday night, Brecken went to bed at 8:00. At 10:00 when Josh and I went to bed, Brecken had a cold. Somewhere between those two hours, it crept up on him! It was the strangest thing. The poor boy, he had a stuffy nose and couldn't breathe well, and a raw sounding voice. He didn't sleep any worse than usual, but when he did wake up, he'd cry in almost a panic because he couldn't breathe like he usually does.

Last night, he didn't sleep. I'm pretty sure he didn't sleep at ALL, because I don't remember sleeping any. I'm pretty sure I was up all night long- in fact, I lost count of how many times I got out of bed. I don't know why I bothered going back to bed at all. The poor kid just wouldn't sleep. And doesn't it figure- this morning he FINALLY fell into a good sleep, but at 6:00 a.m.!! How frustrating. I let him sleep until 6:45, then had to wake him up so he could eat before we left for Encampment. I didn't get him dressed though, I kept him in his jammies and threw his clothes into the diaper bag. I let the babysitter know that Josh could come get him if she needed him to but so far it seems to be going OK up there.

Josh's school had baby piglets born- the FFA is raising pigs and they had piglets a couple weeks ago. It was so nice outside yesterday, we took Brecken to see them. He loves the dogs and the cat so we thought he might love piggies, too. Only, he was NOT in the mood. The FFA teacher picked one up and it squealed and Brecken totally lost it. He cried SOOOO hard and wouldn't stop. So we took him home. We'll try again in a couple days, when he's feeling better. His ears must have been sensitive to sound last night because after we got home he was sitting on Josh's lap and Josh sneezed. Brecken cried and cried again. Granted, Josh's sneezes are NOT quiet, but Brecken's never had a problem with it before! Poor kid.

Brecken has his 6 month appointment tomorrow! That's right, he turned 6 months old on Sunday. MAN, time flies. I know I keep saying that, but really. I never expected it to go so fast! I saw a tiny little baby in the mall on Saturday and couldn't believe that mine was ever that small. Brecken no longer lays on his belly when you put him that way- he flips over right away. YAY!! I'm thinking it won't be TOO long before he figures out how to move. You can see it in his eyes, he really wants to run around with the kids at daycare but just doesn't quite know how yet. Once he does, we better watch out- this kid will be a mover!!

No comments: