Saturday, December 08, 2012

five months

We have a five month old!  Holy moly!

Length / Weight: Gained a whopping 2 pounds this month (minus one ounce)!  I took him to get weighed and figured he was in the 15 pound range.  I was off.  By a lot.  16 lbs, 6 oz!  He's 26.5 inches long.

Eating: We are out of breastmilk now, so he's on Similac Sensitive.  More and more bottles are 6 oz now.  He eats quite frequently, too.  He has oatmeal sometimes, but not regularly.  When he does have it, he scrapes the bowl clean!

Sleeping: More and more sleeping through the night! LOVE that!  Still loves his sleep sacks.  He woke up 3 nights this past week which was weird, and every time when I went in his room he was on his belly.  We haven't yet figured out if he rolls over and wakes up mad, but figures while we're up he might as well have a snack, or if he wakes up from hunger and gets mad waiting for us so he flips over.

Wearing:  Still in size 2 diapers, but most of his clothes are 6-9 month size.  In fact, the outfit he wore the other night to meet Santa was the same outfit Brecken wore for his 1 year old photo shoot.  The boy is going to be big.  :)

Miscellaneous: He smiles and smiles and smiles! And his laugh - to die for! He's grabbing for EVERYTHING now, and bringing it straight to his mouth. Toys, blankets, his little cool ball he has... He also grabs for the phone while I'm using it, grabs bottles when we're trying to make them, etc.  (I left that part in from last month because it's all still true.)  We got out the Jumparoo this month and he LOVES it.  He thinks it's fantastic that he can jump and jump and jump, as well as play with the toys on it.  He is an expert roller now and I was just now watching him go from his floor mat to a spot 3 feet away from it, from rolling.  We need a baby gate on the stairs now!  Luckily he's quite slow still,  meaning we have time to catch him before he gets too close to the stairs, so I have time to order the one I want.  He got to meet Santa this past week, at my elementary school Christmas concert!  He kept staring at him and playing with his beard.  Also this month he had his first Thanksgiving and attended his first Cowboy basketball game! He also attended his first Christmas parade (which he loved - lots of lights!) and hiked to get a Christmas tree for the first time!  Lots of fun this month!




1 comment:

Amy said...

I seriously can't get over that picture of him in the Santa hat reading Polar Express!! Too freakin' cute!