We've had other lawn drama this week though- in the front yard. Long story short, the city needed to put in a new water meter and that included tearing out my BRAND NEW flower bed that Josh built for me, digging 9 feet into the ground, and deciding that was the wrong spot so they had to do the same thing in my yard, next to the planter (that was no longer there). I was so mad. I cried- Josh put a lot of time into that planter! Brecken cried too because his flowers weren't going to grow now. :(
After they got done digging up my yard, they sent a crew over to fix my planter. They did such a nice job on it. They ran out of bricks even, so I think my planter is a bit bigger than it used to be! HA! They worked really hard though- made sure it was level, made sure each brick was perfectly straight, etc. I made sure to give them a HUGE thank you before they left. Most of the crew only spoke Spanish but the head guy knew English. I had to laugh while I listened to them talk while they worked- all I could decipher was "loco". I sure hope they weren't calling us "crazy"- though I wouldn't blame them in the least for thinking that- they probably heard stories of me yelling very angrily at the guy who told me that ruining my beautiful planter because they didn't take 5 seconds to double check water line placement was "not a big deal". :) No yelling at the crew that put it back together though- they did beautiful work.
Here's a bad cell phone picture of the flower bed earlier this week, and then Brecken helping his Daddy put mulch in the planter today. He's wearing his basketball sweatband for some reason.
I've given up on flowers for this year. (though a few of the sunflowers Brecken planted survived- they are still sprouting at the back of the planter- the 3 inches that wasn't ruined!)

No comments:
Post a Comment