Brecken spent the day at the new daycare lady's house. Her name is Stacy. I was pretty positive it was going to be a disaster- B woke up in a horrible mood and it got worse after we forced him to wear socks under his Crocs (because he threw an even bigger fit when we got out the tennis-excuse me, GOLF- shoes...) due to the SNOW that was on the ground this morning! Combine that with being dropped off at a strange lady's house, I was sure we'd be getting called to come pick him up and take him home. But we didn't. And he survived. (and so did his Mommy.) His friend Riley (also from Amy's house) was there to play with today. And Stacy took Brecken to preschool which was familiar to him, so that made the transition easier too. I did get to Stacy's house to pick Brecken up this afternoon, to find Brecken in his heavy coat still. She said he refused to take it off all day long. It must have been his comfort blanket today. :) (Though I'm willing to bet he took it off at school, since that was something he felt comfortable with.)
Tomorrow, he'll go back, and this time his friend Cavin from Amy's house will be there too. I'm glad there are kids Brecken knows. It makes me feel better.
The reason Brecken was there today and will be for the rest of the week, is because Amy's dad had heart bypass surgery in Salt Lake City today. I never heard a final number but they were predicting 6-10 bypasses. Holy yikes. She planned on being back tomorrow night, but wrote to Josh tonight and said that her dad's heart would not start after the surgery. They left it open and hooked up to machines to pump it for him, and they are hoping his heart is just stunned right now and will start beating on it's own again soon. Of course, Amy and her family will be there at least the rest of this week. How very scary for Amy and her family. My heart totally goes out to them. If you have any prayers to spare, we sure would appreciate some for Amy and her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thinking of Amy's family! I am glad to hear that Brecken did ok...change is hard for everyone!
Post a Comment