Friday, January 25, 2008

reaction


Brecken had an allergic reaction to his antibiotic. I noticed a rash on his belly while I got him dressed this morning. He was going to Deb's house for the morning while we had a district in-service, so Jake looked at it real quick and confirmed that it was an allergic reaction. So, we quit that antibiotic and will start Amoxicillin (or however it's spelled) tomorrow. I hate that one- it's a LOT (1 1/2 tsp!), twice a day, for 10 days. Last time, B hated it by day 3 and I had to disguise it in his milk. I was really hoping this first antibiotic would work since it's only 1/4 teaspoon, once a day, for 5 days. But, the rash on his belly and back which is now creeping up his arms and down his legs, isn't worth it! B is now logged in the pharmacist's computer as allergic to a medicine. I'll have to write down the name so I can put it in all his medical records.


He sure is feeling better today though. He was easily aggitated this morning but when I skipped the work-in-your-room time at school this afternoon to go pick him up and take him home, he was having a good time. Jake and Deb are big BYU fans (and we are NOT!!) and they had a BYU jersey on B this afternoon. He sure was proud of it- he ran up to Josh and I, stuck out his little belly, grinned, and patted that jersey. Jake said he felt better because he had that thing on. We'll have to dress B up in his WYO gear on Monday. :)

We went to Josh's game tonight. They played Hanna here at home. No JV game so we just watched the varsity. With 15.4 seconds left in the game, we were down by 2 and one of the best players got fouled, but she got hurt on the way down. This girl reminds me of the Bionic Woman already, with her hi-tech leg braces on both legs because her knees are so bad, and she hurt her knee really badly tonight. They even called the ambulance. Josh went with her, as did the girl's mom. The team tried hard to win it, but were on the short end at the buzzer and we lost 55-53. Bummer. We didn't stay for the boy's game since Josh wasn't there anymore and B wasn't interested in watching more basketball, so we came home. Tomorrow the teams are at home again against Wyoming Indian.

1 comment:

Stacey J. said...

Yowza...that looks horrible! Glad he got on a different medication though.